Sunday, November 23, 2008

Children Say...

When Katharine was born the kids and I went and got food in the hospital cafeteria to eat with Jessica. Claire wanted to get Katharine some chicken or fries I told her she didn't eat that. She was adamant about wanting to know what Katharine ate so not wanting her to announce all the time that Katharine eats mommy's milk I used a technical term (colostrum.)
Sitting in the Bishop's office today as we had tithing settlement he was asking the kids lots of questions about tithing etc. As my kids generally do they were all over the place with topics from baptism to writing on the white board with the markers. All of sudden and loudly (as I don't think Claire has any other way of doing so) announces "my baby sister eats colostrum." Embarrassing as that was I was laughing so hard I was crying. It came so far out of left field even for my kids.

Apparently this is not a first time for her. She loves to tell anyone who can understand her what her baby sister eats. I am not sure which sounds more embarrassing in public at a Claire volume, but I can tell which is the funniest.

3 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

I love those embarrassing children moments! What a crack up!!!

Karen said...

I'm surprised she can remember the word colostrum! That's a great story!

kristen said...

That is hilarious. I love it.