Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day!!

It has been a great Mother's Day. Craig got to sleep in while I got up with Katie. He was more tired than I was. We had a great time together. When Claire finally woke up and we told her it was Mother's Day, she went straight into the kitchen to get my Mother's Day present. It turned out to be a hot pink canvas bag with her hand prints going left to right with her right hand first and her left hand second. She also wrote her name on the page. She got all the letters in the right order, which is really good, and the "E" on the back because it didn't fit on the front. Rachel gave me a bookmark with her picture on it and finger painted petals around it and a stem to make a flower with her in the middle. She also wrote a story on what her mother does. It goes like this: "My Mom is sneaky and funny. She likes to call me nicknames. She always watches television with my daddy. Sometimes she feeds my sister named Katie. But that best thing about my mom is bakes and cooks and care for me when I am hurt." Then she wrote this poem the title is "I love Mother's Day and you too!!" "Mothers feed the baby. Mothers bake and cook. Mothers put us in our bed a tell us to wake up." She is getting to be quite the little story tell and writer. Todd drew me a picture of our family of snowmen with a little help dad. He kept telling Craig to draw more snowmen. The primary put together a ward cookbook with recipes donated from the primary children and teachers. For a primary activity earlier this year, they had them bring their favorite recipe and then recorded the children tell them how their mothers made the recipe. They typed it all up and put it in a book with a picture to go along with the recipe. Rachel chose spaghetti and this is how I make it, "(I forgot what my recipe is.) You take, I don't remember how my mommy makes it. My mommy takes water and dumps it in the pan, a pot and then she cooks it bigger. And then she cooks until it turns wet and then she takes it off and then she puts spaghetti sauce with meatballs on top and she puts the meatballs on the side because I don't like meatballs on top of my spaghetti." Claire chose pancakes and this is what she said, "We put come milk and we put some water. Little tiny of the water and we put blueberries. She cooks it." So, Happy Mother's Day to all those mothers out there that have helped me in my life. I love you all. You have been terrific examples to me and I hope your Mother's day was as wonderful as mine. OH!!! I forgot the best thing about my Mother's day. Rachel finally conquered her fear. She got up and sang to me in sacrament meeting. I nearly cried because I was so proud of her.

3 comments:

Katie The Lady said...

Those are such cute presents!!!! What wonderful, thoughtful kids!!! I love the way they described their recipes-hahaha! Happy Mother's Day!! Michael told me about the job and your new house- I hope everything is well and Craig has found something new and exciting!!! Are you still coming up for July? Let meknow so we can have play dates!!

Erin said...

Sounds like a great day. I love the cooking reports!

Anonymous said...

love those grandbabies! They are so fun. Jessica you are a great mother and they should honor you so appopriately.