Thursday, May 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Rachel (finally)

For Rachel's birthday in September the skies opened up and all the roads flooded and schools were let out early so she couldn't celebrate her birthday at school. Last week she was devastated because she didn't get the chance so she asked her teacher if she could and her teacher sent a note saying she had asked and it was OK with her. Rachel was most excited about her birthday spankings at school. Jessica woke up early on Monday emailed the teacher earlier and started making cookies. She made all the cookies before she got the email saying Wednesday would be better. Wednesday she makes another batch of cookies( I will never lose weight if this keeps up) ices them with letters to spell out Happy 7 Birthday Rachel and one with a flower to make enough for her class. When I got There Rachel was so funny she came over hugged Claire (who I brought with me) then introduced us to the class. "This is my sister Claire. She loves me. When I come home from School she does this.." Then Claire and Rachel were hugging. Then her teacher reminded her I was there. " Oh yes this is my DAD." She got to choose two helpers to hand out napkins and two helpers to pass out cookies. She was beaming the whole time. Then they sang it the birthday song...for those who have heard the Birthday cha cha cha song I now know where it came from. There was one boy who has decided in a career of dramatic opera. His arms were moving around he was pointing and trying to sing in his deepest opera style voice. Then finally the moment of elation birthday spankings. I have never seen anyone so excited for birthday spankings. 7 Pats with a yard stick for the years and one more to grow on later she was satisfied. If I had known she wanted more spankings I could have helped her out but at least she is now satisfied.
finally

1 comment:

Katie The Lady said...

How funny (birthday snaks at school)! What a cutie!!! Happy 7th Birthday Rachel!!!