While cooking dinner the other night we heard a terrible thump thump thump thump thump. Then there was crying. It was Claire and she sounded hurt. We rushed around and Claire was coming up the stairs crying. We checked her out and nothing looked broken nothing wrong but 2 small red spots on her head where it looked like she had head butted something. She said she had slid down the stairs and it hurt. We asked in what since the noise had indicated.Rachel said"I'll get it I moved it" at which p0int she came around the corner with one of those hip hugger laundry baskets.
We brought it upstairs and asked her to show us what happened. When she saw the basket she bailed and ran away. We coaxed her back and told her we didn't want her to go down the stairs but wanted to know exactly how she did it. She put the basket down but wouldn't get in it. I was curious and wanted to see how she managed to scoot it over the edge and showed her that we would hold it so it wouldn't fall but to get in and show us how she scooted it. She sat in and the minute it budged she lit out of it like it was on fire. I hope she finally learned a lesson I will be happy to start with one.
We got Claire to sit in the basket just long enough to take this picture and she bolted again. She fears the basket and stairs.
4 comments:
Sometimes fear is a good thing. Glad she's ok.
Are you kidding this is my kids favorite thing to do.
excellent-hahahaha! That is awesome! Do you think the lesson will stick? I think I did some dare devil stunts when I was little too, but that was a good one!
I kinda want to try that...I might have to get a bigger basket thought!
Post a Comment