I am one of those mothers who absolutely hates Mother's day. You have these speakers who get up and tell all these fabulous things about their mothers and how perfect they all are, which in turn makes me feel guilty for not being as perfect and wonderful as their mothers raised them. But yesterday, was a really good Mother's day. We got up. We didn't have to fight getting the kids ready for church. They were very obedient. We got to church on time. The speakers talks were fabulous. Two of the speakers were actually women, one a mother, one not a mother. I had my first child actually go up and sing like all the primary usually does. I could only see one of her legs, but she did get up and tried to sing as much as she could. Then the ward gave us a music cd with inspirational music. Rachel went to primary without too much of a fuss. Claire was her usual excited self. Todd is teething and he was not the greatest kids in the nursery, but he wasn't the worst either. He had a really rough day. Poor guy!! Everything just seemed to flow smoothly without too many fights. Mother's day dinner was great. I got another beautiful music CD from my mom. Rachel sang me some beautiful songs in the car on the way to Aaron and Natalie's house. All and all it was pretty fabulous day. My husband is fabulous. He bought me flowers to grow in my garden, some shrubs to be a nice wind break in the winter time, and some vegetables to grow by the house so I don't have to walk all the way out to the garden. What a wonderful man!! I am so blessed to have such a great family. I hope your Mother's Day was a great as mine.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment