Forgive me for not posting a picture with this blog. But I am having a blue Tuesday. The sky is blue. I am feeling blue. I have been sick since Friday and I haven't slept well since I decided not to take any more prescription strenght cough medicine. (It makes me too loopy and I can't keep my eyes open.) Claire's face is now blue. Claire has been the trial of the week. I got some Nasal Saline drops or spray or whatever you want to call it. (It took me two trips to the store to get the right stuff.) I used the spray and laid down to take a nap, because I could finally somewhat breath. Claire told me she was going to go get a drink and come right backe, when I laid down around 1:15/1:30. Todd stayed right by me and watched Peter Pan. Well I fell asleep before she got back. I woke up to the telephone 45mins. to an hour later. Claire is in the bathroom running the water. She told me she was getting a drink again. After I got off the phone, I put on my glasses because I cannot see without them and she is blue from cheek to cheek and from nose to chin. She got into my cake decorating kit and decided to dye her yogurt drink that is in a bowl red, blue, yellow, green, another shade of red, and another shade of blue. She is not my first child to have gotten into my cake decorating kit. Needless to say, after all the hard work I did on clean the top of my cupboards off, the cake decorating kit is on top and I don't care how it looks as long as the third child does not get into the cake decorating kit and cause Mom more coughing, yelling, and aching. I love my children and I am learning lessons from them every day. Put the hair clippers higher instead of under the sink in the bathroom and put the cake decorating kit up higher instead of in the back of a cupboard that you think your kids would stay out of. I hope your Tuesday is a better color than blue!!
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have definitely had days like this. So sorry!
I took your advice and am getting more exercise. Yesterday I did 21 push-ups (granted in 2 sets, but still, a week ago, I could only do 1)! This morning I had my first attempt at a jog, then finished by walking hills. My brain was euphoric and I was grinning! Go, endorphins, go!
The whole time, my "inner voices" were saying, "I can do this! Yes, I can!" (I'm not an Obama supporter, but I do like his line.)
I wanted to tell you that I can relate. I also cannot see anything when my glasses are off. I hope your pregnancy is going well.
I hope you get feeling better soon. Having sick kids is bad but being a sick mom is Horrible!
Post a Comment