Sunday, April 27, 2008
And the floods came up....
Yesterday, Craig and I had a big day and we were really tired. We got two kids through the bath and Rachel was soaking in the tub. Todd got thirsty and neither Craig nor I wanted to get him a drink. We sent him in with a cup, he is pretty reliable, to get a drink out of the fridge dispenser. Well, he got the cup stuck between the ice lever from behind and the water lever from in front. So, the water kept coming and the ice lever kept the cup there. He is not old enough to tell us somethings wrong. He came back to the bedroom all fine and dandy. We thought he had gotten his drink. Unfortunately, five to ten minutes later Rachel is getting out of the tub and heading downstairs to her bedroom, she hears the water. She comes and tells us Todd is making a big water mess in the kitchen. Well he is no longer and the room, Craig and I think it is a minor spill, no big deal. Craig walks in, Todd is splashing in the water. We have about a half inch of water all across the kitchen floor. It had gone under the stove and was dripping down into the basement. It had gone under the fridge and was dripping down into the basement. Then it had gone into the pantry and it was dripping along the floor into the basement there also. We started with two towels to clean up the mess and realized we have a wet-vac. We bring up the wet-vac and start with the easy corners first. Craig pulls out the stove and the fridge and vacuums up the water. While he is cleaning out from behind the fridge, I take out all the soda, food storage buckets, and all the other stuff sitting on the pantry floor so we can vacuum that out. Luckily, we got it all cleaned up within an hour, but when we started I thought for sure we would have been up until midnight. I love my kids, I just don't like their messes. We all live and learn by our kids though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OH NO!!! That is so not fun. Glad you got things cleaned up quickly though. How is your pregnancy going? Take care, NAT
I have to laugh. I laugh because I am so darn glad that didn't happen to me.
Brittany,
I wish it hadn't happened to me either!!!
Post a Comment